Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Review: The Future of Us

The Future of Us
by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler 


The Book: 
This book is not part of an series. Which is why I chose to pick it up and coz I seen it mentioned on other blogs a long long time ago.
The Future of Us is written by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler, and was first published in 2011.
Both authors have written other books.

ISBN13: 9780857076076
356 pages 

Read: May 2012
Language: English
Source: Bought on airport in London, on my way to South Africa :P

Summary: (from Goodreads)
It's 1996, and Josh and Emma have been neighbors their whole lives. They've been best friends almost as long - at least, up until last November, when Josh did something that changed everything. Things have been weird between them ever since, but when Josh's family gets a free AOL CD in the mail,his mom makes him bring it over so that Emma can install it on her new computer. When they sign on, they're automatically logged onto their Facebook pages. But Facebook hasn't been invented yet. And they're looking at themselves fifteen years in the future.

By refreshing their pages, they learn that making different decisions now will affect the outcome of their lives later. And as they grapple with the ups and downs of what their futures hold, they're forced to confront what they're doing right - and wrong - in the present


My Opinion:  This was an easy enjoyable read. Which make you think of thinks concequenses in life.
Everything you do lead you to somewhere. And will change the future forever.
Which is a great thing to remember while your living your life.
The book got 4 out of 6 stars. 


Mainly for me the story got long and a bit boring. Same old, same old.
But I really liked the whole idea. And as you see, the point of it all :)

Though I remember I could become a bit frustrated at times on how main character Emma was handeling everything, being selfish and not seeing what she was doing wrong..

The thing who made the books an easy read, is that it`s suitable for young teens. And written in short chapters, where you change point of views. Which I most offten enjoy. And in this case I guess the guy wrote the guy part and girl the girl part. Which makes it possible to actually relate with the characters.. But as I said suitable for young readers in the age of 11-16 maybe :)

But anyway this was as I said an enjoyable read and I look forward to read something else by these authors. I already got 13reasons by Jay Asher on my bookshelf, waiting to be picked up :) 

Also check out:
- Add to or read about on Goodreads 

- Jay Ashers homepage 
- Carolyn Macklers homepage 

No comments:

Post a Comment