Saturday, March 31, 2012

Review: Jenny Pox by J.L Bryan

Jenny Pox by J.L Bryan

Jenny Pox (The Paranormals, #1)

The Book:
I will start by saying. This book is not recommended for people under the age of 18.
So say the text on Goodreads, and I agree :)

Jenny Pox is the first book in the trilogy The Paranormals written by a man by the name J.L Bryan.
This book was published back in 2010. And I was lucky to get my hands on it for free on Amazon :)
The sequel called Tommy Nightmare, was published in april 2011.
While the last and third book Alexander Death was published in September 2011.

The author has also written other books. Among them is another trilogy called Songs of Magic.

ISBN13: 9781453728406
about 214 pages

Read: March 2012
Language: English

Summary: (from Goodreads)
Eighteen-year-old Jenny Morton has a horrific secret: her touch spreads a deadly supernatural plague, the "Jenny pox." She lives by a single rule: Never touch anyone. A lifetime of avoiding any physical contact with others has made her isolated and painfully lonely in her small rural town.

Then she meets the one boy she can touch. Jenny feels herself falling for Seth...but if she's going to be with him, Jenny must learn to use the deadly pox inside her to confront his ruthless and manipulative girlfriend Ashleigh, who secretly wields the most dangerous power of all.
The Story:
We start out by following the main charcter Jenny in her lonly life. Since she can`t touch other people. If she touches you, you will get infected and if worse die.
She is lonly and only speak to her father. Untill the day she meets a boy who she has a lot incommon with.
But life is never pink and harmony for Jenny. She still gets picked on. And schools most popular girl hates her. Jenny has to stay quite and hide her secret. But she is not the only one with a secret...

My Opinion:
Let me just start by saying WOW..
I didn´t have much thoughts about this one before starting. Other then I was a bit sceptical since I got it for free on Amazon. And I haven´t really seen a single review of it. Anywhere :S
Why I absolutly don´t get. Because this book was great.
Just let me say. I started out thinking this was a book for small teens. But make that nope. There a stuff in there not apropriate for kids :P
But the book was really great. The characters were both lovable and hateable :P haha
And I must admit at once I was like WTF is going on. Me not like. But that kind of made the book good aswell. Because it has it´s twists that you really didn´t see coming :P
So yeah. I would recommend this book. I felt like it was different in so many ways. And I was never bored. :)
So need to get my hands in the sequel. :)

You probably already guessed it, but I gave this book 5 out of 6 stars


One more thing I have to point out. Proabably not a good think. But when the sex stuff was brought up. I was like. Wow this is totally a dude writing. And then I went on an checked, and yeap. the author is a dude :P People will probably think it`s a bad thing. But I liked the way it was written. Different. Because it`s just right on.. :)

Also check out:
- Add to or read about on Goodreads
- My review of book 2 (in the future)
- Authors homepage

Have you read this series? What did you think about it??

2 comments:

  1. Kjempebra skrevet:) Ble skikkelig nyskjerrig på boken, måtte notere den ned:) Takk for tips, hørtes jo veldig bra ut:)God påske!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this book. There were a ton of reviews on this series a few months ago when the author was promoting the release of book three in the series. I can't wait to get caught up on this series since I haven't had time to read books two and three.

    I do love Jeff and his writing, he is so great and his other series is good as well! :)

    Thanks for the great review, so glad you gave his writing a chance because he really is different than your normal YA paranormal story. I'm having him on the blog in late May to talk about it :)

    ReplyDelete