Thursday, March 15, 2012

Review: Awake at Dawn by C.C Hunter

Awake at Dawn by C.C Hunter


The Book: 
First of all, this is NOT the first book in a series. So if you haven´t read the first book Born at Midnight first, you should probably do that first ;) You can find the link for my review in the bottom of this blogpost ;)

Awake at Dawn is the second book in the series called Shadow Falls, written by C.C Hunter.
The book was published October 2011.
This series has 3 books an one short story. First book was called Born at Midnight and was published in March 2011. While the third book is expected published soon, april 2012 and is going to be called Taken at Dusk.
The short stort is a prequel story about Della, and was published in March 2011, called Turned at Dark.

+ I just discovered there are expecting to be a book 4 aswell :) Called Whispers at Moonrise, expected released in 2013. 

ISBN13: 9780312624682
383 pages

Read: February 2012
Language: English

Summary: (From Goodreads)
Now that she’s settled in at Shadow Falls Camp, Kylie Galen’s determined to discover the extent of her supernatural abilities.  But with a ghost insisting someone Kylie loves is about die, a rogue vampire on a murdering rampage, and her sixth sense telling her someone is watching her, Kylie’s quest for answers is quickly put on hold. 
To make matters worse, just when she’s about to give her heart to Derek, a half-fairy, he starts pulling away.  When Lucas, a werewolf with whom Kylie shares a secret past, returns, Kylie’s feels more conflicted than ever. Her weekend with her mom should have been the just the break Kylie needs, but it turns out to be her breaking point.  Someone from the dark side of the supernatural world has plans for Kylie--and it'll take all her resources to get back to Shadow Falls alive...


The Story:
We continue to follow Kylie on her journey in life to find out about the secrets in her life. 
She is also continuing to evolve her powers and discovering new once.
While everything gets a bit more complicated on the boy friend front. When she has to find out which one she likes the most and stop thinking of the other one.
But more drama is also arriving the summer camp, with more mystery murders. etc. Which she gets caught up in the middle off.

My Opinion: 
I love this series.. Mostly for the way it is written and for the guys in it :P I totally <3 them. But most of all the cute Lucas :D
For me that was what I was looking forward to in this book. And it felt like all to long before he came back. But eventually he came back. And I was happy dancing. And then poff the story was over :/
Why do I have to wait so long for the next one :(
Heads on over to pre-order right now.

Anyway.. Back to the basics. I love this story. Because it´s simple and full of mystery. On a not creepy way. And there are all these supernatual folks living together. Learning eachothers way of living :)

There are always questions in the air. And you just have to continue to read. :)
So so looking forward to the 3rd book :D

And I am without of doubt giving this one a 5 out of 6 stars :) If you hadn´t already guessed :p



 Also check out: 
- Add or read about on Goodreads
- My review of book 1 
- Authors homepage
- My review of book 3 (coming in the future)

Have you read this book or any of the others? What did you think??
Which of the guys do you prefer :P

~MoonStar~

3 comments:

  1. I really do love this series. I'm really torn between Derek and Lucas though. She has had a little time with each guy and now I really wonder who she is going to pick because at the end of this one she was thinking about Derek instead of Lucas.

    I have a copy of book three staring me in the face right now so I can't wait to read it.

    Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series - and Lucas :) - too. I didn't know they were coming out with a 4th book. Hurray!

    Thank you for being the first person to comment at YA Word Parade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to know you're enjoying this series :) !! I really have to pick up a copy of Born at Midnight soon !!

    PS : do you have a "button" where I could suscribe to your blog via email ?

    ReplyDelete