Friday, January 13, 2012

Review: A Thouch Mortal by Leah Clifford

A Touch Mortal 
by Leah Clifford 

The Book:
This is the first book in a triolgy with the same name A touch Mortal trilogy, written by the debut author, Leah Clifford.
This book was released in February 2011. So far we only know when book 2 will be released, and it´s expected in February 2012, and will be called A Touch Morbid.

ISBN13: 9780062004994
419 pages

Read: January 2012
Language: English

Summary: ( from Goodreads)
Eden didn’t expect Az.

Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.

Yeah.

So long happily-ever-after.

Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.

She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else’s game. Her heart is her own.

And that’s only the beginning of the end.


The Story:
You follow Eden, a young teenage girl who falls in love with a guy. (We read about that before you think. Well not quite like this ;) ) Because Eden is no ordernary girl. And neither is  Az an ordernary guy.
Az is an angel and Eden is a pathless girl. And here begins their journey. How can an angel love a girl, who is suppose to die. And what will happen when she dies.
You follow the life of Sidr´s a bunch of young kids you didn´t want to live, but know have to live forever. Or do day.? And what is this about the Fallen angels, who is up to no good.

My Opinion:
I don´t want to spoil anything. Because that was the great thing about this book. Reading and suddenly something totally different happend. It was like that several times, and I so absolutly love that in books :D
But I will start with telling you I loved this book. And gave it 5 out of 6 stars.


The reason it didn´t get full pot is that at some point, it was a bit slow going for me. But most of times I was turning the pages like a mainiac. Because I wanted to know what would happen :)

Who would she end up being with. Etc. And the tensions, the romance and the feelings.. Absoulutly loved it :) There are several guys in this story and at some point you more or less fall in love with all of them. Which can be a bit frustrating. But fun :P Yeap. What can I say. In the end this book did not dissapoint.

Also check out:
- Add or read about on Goodreads
- My review of book 2 (coming later)
- Authors homepage

Have you read this book? What did you think?
Me myself can´t wait to read the sequel. Wanna know what´s happening to Gabriel :D

~MoonStar~

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to start banging my head on my desk! Seriously, I must be the only person who hasn't yet read this book even though I have heard nothing but amazing things about it. I must pick it up in 2012 because everyone, including yourself, has loved it.

    Thanks for the great review. :)

    ReplyDelete