Sunday, January 15, 2012

Review: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games 
by Suzanne Collins


The Book:
This is the first book of Suzanne Collins trilogy by the same name, The Hunger Games.
The first book was published back in 2008. But there was a big hype about this series last year in 2011, and that´s the reason I noticed it :)
The sequels are called Catching Fire (2009) and Mockinjay (2010).

While the film of this first book is going to be aired in cinemaes in March 2012 :D

ISBN13: 9780439023481
374 pages

Read: October 2011
Language: English

Summary: (from Goodreads)
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister Primrose, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before — and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.


The Story:
Katniss Everdeen lives in district 12 with her mother and little sister. District 12 is a poor community in a future time.Things are very different. They are not allowed to do different things, and must keep inside the fens of the saftey of the city. But since there are not much food in the city Katniss and her best friend Gale takes matters into own hands. They sneek into the forest and hunt for surviving.

But one day everything changes. When the yearly TV-show is collecting people for their show. A yearly show were one girl and one boy from every district, will have to fight for survival. 24 kids - only one will survive.


My Opinion: 
OMG. This book was just amazing. I was a bit sceptical to begin with. Didn´t think this book was for me based on the story and the cover. I was like NAH.. Not really liking it. But since everyone was like WOW. AWESOME. I had to give in and read it. And just let me tell you. Didn´t take many pages before I was sold. xD I litterally couldn´t put the book down. I got up early to read before work, in breaks, after work and before sleeping :) This book was just awesome..
It was full og feelings and you were just so into the story. And that´s what I like about books, when they capture me and send me into them :P
Without of doubt 6 out of 6 stars for this one

I am so looking forward to the sequel. Since I heard the second book is even better. Which I can not get how can even be possible. This book is full of tensions, feelings, romance, love and action. The whole way through :)

Also check out:
- Add or read about on Goodreads
- Authors homepage 
- My review of book 2 (coming soon)
- My review of book 3 (coming later)
- Check out the film trailer on IMDB

Have you read this awesome series?? What did you think of the first book? And the whole series?

I still need to read book 2 and 3, but it will definitly soon happen :D
And I am super excited to watch the movie :D The Trailer looks really good.

~ MoonStar~

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this book so much :) !!! My favourite book of the series is Catching Fire .. I hope you'll enjoy this one as much !!
    Can't wait for the Hunger Games movie to be released !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book as well! The second was even better for me!

    @Nawanda Files

    ReplyDelete