Thursday, January 26, 2012

Review: Entwined by Heather Dixon

Entwined by Heather Dixon



About the Book:
Entwined was a 2011 debut from Heather Dixon. Published in the beginning of 2011. 
This is a stand alone story, not part of any series. The audiobook was told by Mandy Williams, who also tells The False Princess, which is one of my next audibooks :)

The story comes from an old folk tale by the Brothers Grimm, called The Twelve Dancing Princesses.

This audiobook was a really long audiobook, almost 12 hours long. And in paper form about 480 pages.

Listened to: December 2011- January 2012
Language: English

Summary: (from Goodreads)
Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it’s taken away. All of it.
The Keeper understands. He’s trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation. Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest. But there is a cost. The Keeper likes to keep things. Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.


My Opinion:
I guess this book was just not for me. Maybe I would have liked it more if I read it in paperform.
For me it was just to difficult to understand everything. Because there where so many people and so many special names.
The names were really cool. But for me 12 female characters to remember who was who, was just to much for me. And the same about the gentle men. I couldn´t remember who was who :(
And that really ruined the whole story for me. Decided to finish it hoping it would get better.
But if you don´t focus in the beginning your lost. Or I was.
I felt bad about that since I have seen great reviews of this book, on other blogs.
But it didn´t work for me and my memory :(
So I decided to give it 2 out of 6 stars


Because I liked the whole plot idea, it really had potential :) And sounded really fairytale like. And I love fairytales. And the cover was extremly pretty :) But in the end. Even though I wanted to love it. I had forgot everything before the story even ended :/

And for me it felt weird during the story. Because I felt like the girls where you teenage girls, playing around etc. Never felt they were becoming adults. And then the men you hear about. Sounded so old compared to them. :S So that was a bit weird for me aswell..
But I recommend you to check out more reviews of this one. And if you want to check it out. Maybe do it in paperform. So you can stop and think about stuff while reading it. Maybe take notes. To remember who is who. Not like me listen to it and then totally forget everything. :/


Also check out:
- Add or read about on Goodreads
- Authors homepage
- Reading Teens review (Amy loved the book)

Have you read or listened to it? What did you think?? Was all the names a problem for you??

~MoonStar~

2 comments:

  1. I think part of the reason you might not have liked this one was the fact that girls who are younger, during that time frame, were considered to be of marriage age. So the girls acted a little younger because they are forced into roles that most women do not join until their 20s during the present time.

    I liked this one though, I didn't love it.

    I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it more.

    Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find listening to audio books doesn't work for me. I'm confused most of the time. Sad to hear that you didn't enjoy it, especially investing so much time in listening to it. Hope your next one is better!

    ReplyDelete