Friday, November 11, 2011

Review: Rogue by Rachel Vincent

Rogue by Rachel Vincent




About the Book:
This is the second book in the Shifters series, written by Rachel Vincent.
A series with 6 books so far :) And I own 5 of them so far :P So lots of goodies to look forward to.
The first book was published in 2007, while this one, the sequel was published in 2008.
The other books are called Stray, Pride, Prey, Shift and Alpha.

The author Rachel Vincent is also known for her Soul screamers series and her newest series Unbound, where the first book was released this year 2011. The Soul screamers I just started reading, and will soon have a review up on book one :)

ISBN13: 9780778325550
394 pages

Read: July 2011
Language: Norwegian

Summary: (From Goodreads)
Okay, so cats don t always land on their feet.

I know that better than most. Since rejoining the Pride, I ve made big decisions and even bigger mistakes: the kind paid for with innocent lives. As the first and only female enforcer, I have plenty to prove to my father, the Pride, and myself. And with murdered toms turning up in our territory, I m working harder than ever, though I always find the energy for a little after-hours recreation with Marc, my partner both on- and off-duty.

But not all of my mistakes are behind me. We re beginning to suspect that the dead are connected to a rash of missing human women and that they can all be laid at my feet--two or four, take your pick. And one horrible indiscretion may yet cost me more than I can bear..


My Opinion:
I really like Rachel Vincent´s writing. It`s easy written and at the same time adult book :)
This series is full of action and drama. And so are this book. You can feel that this is a sequel. Since you kind of got to know the persons in book 1. And the stories are filtered together. So I would definitely read the first book before reading this one.
Though if you are not in the mood for that, you could also read it by it self. Since the explane things who have happened. But I would not recommend it. You would be missing a lot and a really good first book :D
So but to get to the point. I gave this book 6 out of 6 stars

And I know I gave the 1 book 6 as well.. But this is a small 6. I enjoyed book 1 most. But I was missing a bit Jace in this one. And I wasen´t as much involved in the story when I read. And I am hoping the next books will be just as great or better then this and the first one :)
And hopefully we will see more Jace :P And hopefully Faythe will grow up and become smarter :P haha

So to do it short: You don´t wanna miss this series ;) Full of action and hot guys :P

Also check out:
- Add to or read about on Goodreads
- Authors homepage
- My review of the first book
- Review of book 3 (coming soon)

Have you read this book or planning to ?? What do you think of Rachel Vincents writting? :) I really enjoy her books :D

~MoonStar~

No comments:

Post a Comment