Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Review: My love lies bleeding by Alyxandra Harvey

My Love Lies Bleeding by
Alyxandra Harvey



About the Book:
This is the first book in the Drake Chronicles written by Alyxandra Harvey.
So far there are 4 books in the series.

ISBN13: 9781408803400

256 pages

Read: August 2011
Language: English

From Goodreads:
The Blakes are rather different to your usual neighbours. They are vampires and some of the members of the family date back to the twelfth century. One of the children, Solange, is the only born female vampire known and, as such, she poses a direct threat to the vampire queen. Her best friend Lucy is human, and when Solange is kidnapped Lucy and Solange's brother, Nicholas, set out to save her. Lucy soon discovers that she would like to be more than just friends with Nicholas. But how does one go about dating a vampire? Meanwhile, Solange finds an unlikely ally in Kieran, a vampire slayer on the hunt for his father's killer.


My Opinion:
I really enjoyed this book. It was interesting from page 1. You just kept on flipping the pages.
In this book you follow Solange in some of the chapters and Lucy in the other chapters. Which I really liked. Because they were not the same place. But Alyxandra´s writting is so easy, so you don`t get lost, like you offten do :)
I gave this book 5 out of 6 stars
Because this book has it all :P Or kind of. It has romance, action, vampires, hot guys (and lots of it :P) And that we like :D haha And then some more Action :) Anyway, I am really looking forward to the sequel. This was such an interesting book. Though I would love to follow the books in this one, I think the sequel is about one of the other brothers. But that will do well to :P

Have you read any of the books in the Drake chronicle??

Also check out:
- Add or read about on Goodreads
- Authors homepage
- Review of book 2 (coming soon)

~MoonStar~

2 comments:

  1. I really, really like this series now. I didn't like the first one as much as the ensuing books. :)

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on my shelf and I need to get around to reading it. I love the concept of the book.
    Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete