Monday, November 28, 2011

Review: Immortal by Gillian Shields

Immortal by Gillian Shields



About the Book:
Immortal is the first book of Gillian Shields trilogy, with the same name. The book was published 2009. While the sequel Betrayal was published 2010 and the last book Eternal in 2011.
All the books have these awesome covers who match, with an necklace on it, just in different colors :)

ISBN13: 9780061375804
368 pages

Language: English
Read: October 2011

Summary: (from Goodreads)

Wyldcliffe Abbey School for Young Ladies, housed in a Gothic mansion on the bleak northern moors, is elite, expensive, and unwelcoming. When Evie Johnson is torn away from her home by the sea to become the newest scholarship student, she is more isolated than she could have dreamed. Strict teachers, snobbish students, and the oppressive atmosphere of Wyldcliffe leave Evie drowning in loneliness.
Evie's only lifeline is Sebastian, a rebellious, mocking, dangerously attractive young man she meets by chance. As Evie's feelings for Sebastian grow with each secret meeting, she starts to fear that he is hiding something about his past. And she is haunted by glimpses of a strange, ghostly girl—a girl who is so eerily like Evie, she could be a sister. Evie is slowly drawn into a tangled web of past and present that she cannot control. And as the extraordinary, elemental forces of Wyldcliffe rise up like the mighty sea, Evie is faced with an astounding truth about Sebastian, and her own incredible fate.
Gillian Shields's electrifying tale will dazzle readers with suspense, mysticism, and romance.


The Story:
Evie leaves to start on a new boarding school, since her father is in the military.
On her way there she gets a bit sceptical, hearing all sort of stuff about the Boarding School, who turns out not to be an ordinary boarding school.
People don´t want to go near there, saying weird stuff happen. So she has to find the place by herself.
While standing in the middle of no where, she meets a cute boy on a horse.
They start chatting and later on they have visits in the evening, when Evie sneaks out of the school.
Though something special is up with Evie. And weird things happen. Is Evie falling in love? And who are this mysterious prince on the horse? And is he really a "prince"?

My Opinion:
To be honest. I was not really fond of this book. I had no expectations for it, since I had no clue what it was about. But I was loving the cover :) It´s really pretty. (Yeap, I know. Don`t judge the book by it´s cover) But I can´t stop doing that. The cover was the reason I picked up this book.
But anyhow. I chose to give this book 3 out of 6 stars.

Because for me this book was to to slow. I was like telling myself I had to continue reading. Since I am not a person who gives up on books. And the idea behind it sounded good.
The thing who gets the books up in stars is that it is easy written language. And as I sad the story behind it was okay. Though for me it was to long and not much happened, for such a thick book.
And on the ending, I have know clue how the will get this book to fit 3 books..
I am kind of curious on reading the sequel, hoping it´s better then the first one. But then again I have a bit mixed feelings. Since I know there are so many great books out there I gotta read, I don´t know about the sequels to this one :S


Also Check Out: 
- Read about or add to Goodreads

Have you read this book? What did you think of it? And are you going to read the sequel?

1 comment:

  1. Aw I'm sorry you didn't like this book. I'm always attracted by this cover as well but I need skipping past the book, I guess my skipping past it all these times has been a good thing.

    Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete