Sunday, May 1, 2011

Review: The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale by Christine Bell

The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale
by Christine Bell



The Book:
This is a short story, only 89 pages long.
The story is written by Christine Bell also called Chloe Cole. Who mostly writes erotic romance.
As far as I know this book is only available for Ebook-readers.
Published 24th April 2011.

And a huge thanks to the publishers Carina Press, who gave me promition to read it through Netgalley :) I really appreciate. This was the book I found on Netgalley who made me most excited. Since this was my first timetravel book ever :P

Read: April 2011
Language: English

Summary: (from Goodreads)
I'm a time pirate—born in 1810, now a 21st-century woman. I travel through time trying to right wrongs without disrupting the fragile balance between what is and what can never be.

That's why it's vital that I go to 1836 and find the man who conned my brother out of his Time Travel Mechanism as quickly as possible. If the technology falls into the wrong hands, it could change the world as we know it. The notorious Duke of Leister definitely qualifies as the wrong hands. An amateur scientist of the slightly mad variety, he's bound to figure out how to use the TTM sooner rather than later.

I knew this wouldn't be easy. But I wasn't counting on him being as sexy as hell. Or winding up chained to his bed…


The Story:
It´s about to siblings who travels in time. The main character is a young woman who travels with her brother Bacon. Bacon has lost his time-travel equipment in gambling. So Dorothy the main character and big sister has to help out her brother getting it back. Back for the lunatic the Duke.
But who is this Duke. Dorothy has met this man before and it sort of makes the whole thing a little bit more complicated, then she thought it would be.
Will she be able to get the piece back from him and to it´s ordinary place. Or is she going to be caught in a wrong time zone.

My Opinion:
I really enjoyed this one. I think it must be very difficult writing such short stories. But this one was actually started, finished and interesting the whole way through. Though this book in my opinion is an adult book. The book is not easy English read. If you are not a shark in English.
I started reading it. And when I found it again I was on page 39, but didn´t remember what it was about. The first time. So keep in mind you have to be awake while reading to get 100% out of the book, as it deserves. Because when I tried reading it again. I was like reading the whole time and could not put it away. Because I just had to know how everything was going to sort out :)
All in all I have chosen to give it a 5 out of 6 stars


It´s interesting and even though being on 89 pages you got everything. Family bonds, Love story, A tiny bit erotic (though not much), Time traveling etc.
You get to know about the past and you get to know what happens afterwards :)
So she covered all of it :) In such small space :)


Also check out:
- Add to or read about on Goodreads
- Authors homepage
- Teaser

I am for sure looking forward to reading a sequel :) Hope it will not take to long :P
It´s was nice reading a short book for once :)
And I will out of doubt check out some of her other books, when I get the time :)


Have you read this book? What did you think about it :)
Did you read some of her other books? Any suggestions?

~MoonStar~

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great and its only 89 pages long. <3 Thanks for the review! I haven't read any of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, but I am no fan of short stories :(

    ReplyDelete