Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Review: Rebel by R.J Anderson

Rebel by R.J Anderson


About the book:
This is the second book in the Faery Rebel trilogy.
The first book was called Spell Hunter or Knife. The third book is called Arrow.
You can also find the second book under the name Wayfarer.


ISBN13: 9780857351357

295 pages


Read: February 2011
Language: English

From Goodreads:
The faeries of the Oak are dying, and it’s up to a lone faery named Linden to find a way to restore their magic. Linden travels bravely into dangerous new territory, where she enlists the help of an unlikely friend—a human named Timothy. Soon they discover something much worse than the Oakenfolk’s loss of magic: a potent evil that threatens the fate of all faeries. In a fevered, desperate chase across the country, Timothy and Linden risk their lives to seek an ancient power before it’s too late to save everyone they love.
R. J. Anderson has artfully crafted a world of stunning magic, thrilling adventure, and delicate beauty, where a girl far from home must defeat the pervasive evil befalling her beloved faery realm



The Story:
The second book is all about Linden. A 15 year old young fairy, who grew up in a faery community in the big Oak, in Paul´s garden.

But to read this book, you have to have read the first book, to get the whole story. Since this story continues on the hunt for more answers. The fairies seeks the truth about what happened to them and their community, many years ago, when they lost their magic. How can they get the magic back?
But time is running out, when the Queen is dying. The big world is full of challenges, both small and big.. Can they manage..

My Opinion and My Conclusion:
I liked this book. Actually even more then the first book. Since there was more happening and much more action etc. So I chose to give this book 5 out of 6 stars.

But as I sad this is a series, where you have to have read the first book first. I don´t think it would be any good standing alone. So if you haven´t read Knife, you should check it out. You can also check out my review for it.
I am a little behind with my reading, but I am looking forward to the last book. And to see how everything is ending :)


Also check out:
- My review of Knife, book 1
- Add or read about on Goodreads
- Authors homepage
- My review of Arrow, book 3 (coming soon)

Have you read this book? What did you think.? Feel free to share your link to your review.


~MoonStar~


2 comments:

  1. I remember reading your review on Knife. :D This series still interests me. Thanks for the review! <3

    I mentioned you here:
    http://unputdownablebookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for mentioning me :D Your so sweet :) Hope you will enjoy the books, as much as i did :) Happy reading. Looking forward to your reviews :)

    Thanks. Hopefully I will get time to read the third one soon to :P

    ReplyDelete